The Mantello Cigars Humidor can become a great product for any cigar lover.
In addition to being attractive, functional, and durable this item also comes with an excellent warranty so you can be sure it will serve you well for many years!
Mantello Cigars Humidor
- Dimensions are 10.2 x 8.6 x 4.3 inches;
- Weighs about 4 pounds;
- It also includes a Spanish cedar divider, tray, humidifier;
- Has a manual for beginners;
- Humidity packs are not included;
- Made with Spanish cedar wood;
- Ebony color;
- The capacity is from 25 to 50 cigars;
Main Features and Overview
The Mantello 25-50 Cigar Desktop Humidor is a highly popular, very fashionable yet inexpensive humidor. The quality of this product is excellent, and the tempered glass top is a feature that appeals to many cigar enthusiasts.
To preserve the moisture, this humidor has a scratch-resistant and felt-lined bottom that will look nice on your desktop. The humidity is simple to keep in because of the tight seal, and the kit includes a hygrometer, detachable cedar partition, and user guide.
It’s easy to store up to 50 cigars of various sizes inside this humidor at any one time – just make sure that if you buy the bigger size then the ring size of each cigar matters!
The humidor also comes with a removable cedar divider that makes organizing even easier if needed, using felt lining on the internals for protection against scraps or accidental bumps.
The Mantello Royal Glass-top Cigar Humidor is an elegant cigar storage box with a sleek, classy design. Not only will it keep your cigars preserved and in perfect condition for years to come, but the glass top means you can show off to friends when they come over.
The rosewood finish gives your desk or countertop a touch of class, while also providing a subtle yet eye-catching showcase for your cigar collection. You may look through the window on top and see your cigars without having to unnecessarily disturb the storage environment.
In addition to the humidifier, you’ll find a hygrometer inside. You’ll have access to both of these features as well as the ability to maintain humidity levels at optimal levels.
The divider effectively separates your humidifier from your cigars, keeping the tobacco dry and the air moist.
On the front of the box is a brass hygrometer, while the comfortable capacity of 50 cigars ensures that you can store any amount of cigars. The tight seal lid prevents odor and dampness from entering.
Storage & Humidor Properties: Performance
The interior of Mantello’s cigar humidor is huge, able to store up to 50 cigars depending on the ring gauge. If you smoke thicker cigarettes, capacity will be restricted to 25.
The built-in humidifier, which is driven by the fan, maintains your cigars at just the correct amount of humidity.
The onboard hygrometer allows you to keep an eye on these humidity levels.
The effectiveness of a humidor depends on the quality of its seal. The Mantello keeps the environment stable with a solid seal.
Mantello Cigars Humidor Pros and Cons
Who is this humidor for?
Anyone looking for a high-quality, aesthetically pleasing humidor that can be used to store cigars.
Mantello Cigars has engineered the humidors to withstand the test of time. They are made by hand with quality materials and each unit is tested for humidity control before it leaves the factory.
If you’re looking for a high-end humidor that will last 15+ years, Mantello cigars humidor may be exactly what you’ve been searching for.
The Mantello cigar box increases its value over many years because of how elegant it looks in your home or office space – not just as an accessory/hobby piece but also as functional furniture!
This desktop humidor by Mantello has become increasingly popular for many years, and it is one of its flagships. There’s enough area for up to 50 cigars inside. The price tag is quite reasonable as well.
Alternatives that also hold from 25 to 50 cigars:
- Case Elegance Cedar Humidor;
- Bald Eagle Handmade Cigar Humidor;
- Capri Desktop Humidor;
- Megacra Desktop Humidor;
- Woodronic Handmade Cigar Humidor;
- Kendal Desktop Cigar Humidor;
There are many good alternatives to this particular humidor.
Is Mantello a good humidor?
Yes, the Mantello humidor is a good quality product for the price. The exterior looks great and it works well at keeping cigars fresh. Mantello cigar humidor offers excellent value to people who like buying premium cigars every now and then but don’t want to buy an expensive humidor or leave their precious smokes in suitcases while traveling (especially since airlines started charging ridiculous fees). It’s budget-friendly, yet durable enough for everyday use.
How do you season a Mantello humidor?
Seasoning a Mantello humidor is as easy as wiping the inside with distilled water. This process will ensure that your cigars stay fresh, and it also helps to prevent mold from growing on any of your cigar leaves.
Seasoning this Mantello humidor can be done by either adding some distilled water to a cloth or sponge and then wiping down all the insides of the humidor.
Or you could spray some cleaner onto an old rag and wipe everything down – for this reason, consider using Lysol brand cleaning solution because it doesn’t leave behind a residue like other cleaners do which could cause damage!
How often should you season your humidor?
Seasoning a humidor is a fairly straightforward process, but it does have its own specific regimen. It’s important to maintain the level of moisture inside your humidor so that you can protect all of your cigars from damage and preserve their flavors for as long as possible.
Seasoning a humidor is generally recommended to be done about once every 3 months, but this might vary depending on the humidity inside the humidor. If you’re using distilled water to maintain your humidification device, then it’s especially important that you season more often because there will likely be less moisture in the air of the container itself. Seasoning with beads or gel can last for up to six months before needing another round of seasoning.
How do you set up a Mantello cigar humidor?
- Use a 50/50 blend of distilled water and propylene glycol (PG) to activate it;
- If you have a digital hygrometer, place it in the humidor after activating. It will take 12 hours for it to read 75% humidity;
- The next day, if your humidity is still above 70%, which means that too much water was added and more distilled water should be added instead of PG. If there’s no change in % over another 24 hours then too little was used and vice versa;
- It’s recommended that you recharge every week or two depending on how often the humidor is opened/closed;
- After about a month when using both PG & distilled water, try only adding distilled water from now on because by this time they’ll fully absorb into the cedar;
- Every so often you should take a Q-tip with some distilled water to wipe down the top and sides of your humidor. This will keep it clean, reduce stains from PG build-up, and attract less dust;
- Do not use tap water or spring water because they have minerals in them that harbor bacteria that could ruin your cigars over time;
Is it better to unwrap cigars in a humidor?
After you’ve paid for the cigar and are placing it in your humidor, experts recommend taking off the cellophane. Cellophane will hinder humidity from getting to the cigar, causing it to perform better after its wrapper has been removed .
Can you put Boveda packs directly on cigars?
Another concern is whether it’s okay to place a Boveda pack directly on top of your cigars. Yes, you may do so. Because each pouch releases only clean, dehumidified water and nothing more, the packs can be placed in direct contact with your cigars without becoming excessively humidified .
How long do cigars last in a humidor?
How you set up your humidor will determine how long your cigars last. It is critical to season, calibrate, and properly adjust the humidity levels in your humidor. Your cigars may possibly survive up to 5 years if properly seasoned, calibrated, and maintained .
Is 65 humidity ok for cigars?
As long as you maintain a steady climate of 63 to 70 degrees and 65 to 72% relative humidity, your cigars will smoke nicely. Don’t keep your humidor next to a heat source like a vent, on the mantel of a roaring fire, or in direct sunlight. The ideal environment is one that is cool and constant .
How do you keep your cigar humidor at 70 degrees?
Here are some ways to keep your humidor at a constant temperature throughout the year:
- UV radiation has the ability to accelerate the breakdown of essential oils in your cigars, so keeping them out of the sun is always a good idea. However, this isn’t a problem since the sunlight doesn’t penetrate through the glass door. Sunbeams on your humidor for even a few hours during the day can significantly raise its temperature, and daily variations in this type can make it difficult to maintain humidity levels constant. For optimum outcomes, keep your humidor under continuous shade.
- Your home’s HVAC system, like the sun, can have a significant impact on your humidor. Sure, keeping your home warm and cool is advantageous for your humidor in general. However, when the system is operational, avoid the fluctuations that occur near the vents. Instead, keep your humidor as far away from these vents as possible while still avoiding outside walls that might experience temperature changes if your house isn’t well-insulated.
- In a hot environment, the temperature in your basement may be cooler all year. Because it is insulated by the earth around it, an unfinished basement with no heating and cooling is likely to have a constant temperature all the time. In northern regions, a basement will most likely be too chilly, but in the South, where keeping cigars at 68 to 70 degrees requires cooling rather than warming.
- Covering your humidor with a towel and placing an ice pack on top might help you keep the humidity at a bearable level during extremely hot weather. You must ensure that condensation does not seep through, but in a pinch, this may help to maintain acceptable temperatures throughout a heatwave.
- If you find that your cigar collection is becoming too chilly in a cigar cooler, turn off the cool function for the winter. This capability may not be suitable for year-round usage depending on your location, so be sure to keep an eye on it and make any necessary adjustments. Cigar storage is highly dependent on where you live, and you’ll need to experiment with your equipment and check it on a regular basis to ensure everything is ok.
What happens without a humidor?
The problem is that if you don’t have a humidor to put your cigar in, it will dry out and become unsmokable in a few days. If you reside in a cold-weather or desert environment where too much air is dry, storing cigars correctly becomes particularly vital .
Related Video: $34.99 Mantello Humidor
Sometimes you want to get the best of both worlds, a fantastic product at a reasonable price. The Mantello Royale Glass Top Cigar Humidor is ideal for this situation.
If you haven’t found the perfect gift yet, then think about giving them this beautiful humidor, ample enough to store 25-50 cigars. It’s also practical with an easy-to-read hygrometer so you can always keep track of your collection! The Spanish cedar finish will impress everyone and the tempered glass means it’ll stay fresh for years without being too noticeable in any room’s design.