The NewAir CC-100H Electronic Humidor with the system of Climate Control and Lock is a feature-rich enhancement to NewAir’s classic cigar humidor cabinet.
It’s the ideal size for any cigar shop, bar, or storefront – place it behind the register to show off your cigar options to consumers. For the finest taste, fragrance, and smoking experience, cigars must be stored properly, so you’ll need the finest humidor to ensure you’re selling the freshest-tasting cigars.
The stainless steel exterior of the NewAir CC-100H humidor contrasts with a high-grade wood inside.
The combination of a clear glass door and a black hue seems opulent. The cigar cooler’s size is ideal for tiny areas such as bedrooms, office nooks, or tiny cigar shops. The inside of the Spanish cedar wood functions well in all weather conditions and variations in humidity.
On the glass door, the long steel handle appears sleek and attractive. The user may categorize the cigars by brand and flavor category using the detachable Spanish cedar shelves.
It also comes with a wooden drawer for further privacy. The cigar boxes are stored on flat shelves. A humidity dish and a hygrometer are included. Humidifiers with Boveda packs are included in the humidity tray to circulate the airflow through the cigar goods and maintain the cabinet’s appropriate humidity and moisture levels.
The inside fan-forced circulation aids in the uniform distribution of humidity and temperature throughout the cabinet.
All the latest NewAir humidors, including this unit, use a thermoelectric cooling system to keep your cigar collection at optimal humidity and temperature.
Specifications & Features:
- The exterior is made of black stainless steel;
- LED touch panel and lighting;
- Thick glass door;
- 2 adjustable shelves and 1 drawer;
- Automatic humidification with Boveda packs;
- The temperature range of the thermostat is between 54F-74F;
- Lock and key;
- ETL certification;
- The storage capacity is 250 standard cigars;
- Weight is 26.9 pounds;
- The dimensions – 19.4 inches (depth) x 14 inches (width) x 19.1 inches (height);
- The internal volume is 1.1 cubic feet;
- Wattage – 50 Watts;
- Voltage – 110 Volts;
- Amperage – 0.8 Amps;
- Frequency – 60 Hz;
- Includes analog hygrometer;
- No humidifier;
How to use it?
This humidor is a freestanding item that should not be placed inside a cabinet or other enclosed space. Allow 5 inches between the rear of the device and any nearby walls for adequate ventilation. Follow these instructions before turning on the cigar humidor for the first time:
- Let the unit stand upright for about 2 hours before connecting it to a power source. This will lessen the chances of any system failures that may have happened because of handling during shipment/transportation;
- Use warm water and a soft cloth to clean the internal surface of the device, but avoid getting the wood wet. Install the device on a level surface to support it after it is completely filled. Set the front feet at the bottom of the humidor to level the device;
2) Before the first use
Even if you think you know what you’re doing, follow all of the directions below:
- Remove the packaging and inspect the appliance for damage. If you’re unsure, don’t use the device and call the store where you bought it;
- Keep packing items such as bags and staples out of children’s reach;
- Carefully dispose of packaging while keeping the environment in mind;
- The appliance container should be kept for seasonal storage;
On the warranty page, write down the date you acquired the appliance and attach your proof of purchase. Keep this information on hand in case you need to use the warranty.
3) Setting up the LED panel:
- Increase/decrease the target temperature;
- Turn on or off the light;
- Between 60 to 74 degrees Fahrenheit (F), the inside temperature may be changed in 1-degree increments;
The LED display will demonstrate the ambient temperature at first, followed by the inside cabinet temperature, when the cigar humidor is turned on. After you select the desired temperature, the display will flash the new temperature for 5 seconds before returning to the inside cabinet temperature.
Pros and Cons of NewAir CC-100H
The NewAir CC-100 is small and portable, making it ideal for use around the house. The setup process is pretty straightforward. You can easily store up to 250 cigars in this humidor. The design is stylish and appealing, and it makes for an excellent starter device.
The Buyer’s Guide
Wineadors, like the NewAir CC-100H, are ideal for storing a bigger collection of cigars, often ranging from 50 to 400. Nevertheless, as you may know, your collection might develop quicker than you expect, so it’s absolutely not necessary. This particular model is recommended for small spaces – offices, kitchens or garages – wherever you need to keep your cigars.
The positioning of a wine cooler/humidor is one of the most crucial components of having one. Many individuals make the mistake of situating the gadget near a heater or natural light source. This will, of course, have an influence on its efficacy.
The humidor should be placed somewhere with a temperature range of 50 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. The unit’s performance may be compromised if the environment temperature is above or below the specified limits, and severe cold or hot circumstances may affect the interior temperature to vary. This will prevent you from reaching the ideal temperature range of 65° to 73°F. Also, take in mind that the temp of the humidor may vary depending on whether the inside light is turned on or off, as well as how filled it is.
The shelves and drawers that come with this humidor are intended to sit flush against the cabinet’s front edge. This will enable the unit’s air to flow freely. Avoid pressing the shelves and drawers all the way against the cabinet’s back wall while installing them.
How many cigars can it hold?
According to user reviews, this particular NewAir humidor can hold up to 250 standard cigars or 100-150 large cigars.
How to season the NewAir CC-100H?
Season the wooden shelves and drawers prior to adding cigars to ensure that the wood maintains an optimal RH and does not collect humidity from the cigars. To season a new cigar humidor, do the following steps:
- Fill the provided moisture container with pure water or dampen a sponge with distilled water. Make sure the water does not come into direct contact with the wood since this might cause harm;
- Leave the moisture container to stay in the humidor till it achieves a relative humidity level that is 5% higher than your desired level. This process might take up to three days, but it is the most effective technique to keep your cigars in top condition;
- Start adding cigars to the humidor once it reaches this level. Add a few at a time to keep an eye on the RH and make sure it remains at the desired level. You may use the same seasoning procedure to bring it back up if it falls too low. It is suggested that you do not open the door excessively during this process, since this allows moisture to escape and may cause the process to be delayed;
At what temperature and humidity level to store cigars in the NewAir CC-100H humidor?
Cigars should be stored at a temperature of 65 to 73F. For preserving cigars, the recommended relative humidity (RH) is from 65 to 75 percent. You’ll need to incorporate a technique of introducing humidity to correctly maintain RH in the CC-100. The NewAir CC-100H comes with a moisture container in the package.
Simply fill the provided moisture container with distilled water or a wet sponge soaked with distilled water to provide humidity to the unit, and return it to the unit. Please note that after obtaining the correct humidity, this water must be replaced and replenished.
To prevent their exposure to UV rays, store cigars out of direct sunlight. Cigars should be kept as long as possible in their original packaging and boxes. To minimize taste mixing, store unwrapped cigars separately in your humidor. Check cigars for symptoms of tobacco bugs and mold on a regular basis, and take preventive steps as needed. Cigars that are properly preserved may mature for up to 10 years and can be maintained much longer in perfect circumstances.
How to clean the NewAir CC-100H humidor?
- Remove everything from the humidor and unplug it;
- Remove the shelves and clean the interior of the unit using warm water and baking soda mixture (2 teaspoons baking soda per quart of water);
- Remove the water reservoir from the unit’s bottom and clean it with water;
- Apply warm water and a mild detergent to clean the unit’s exterior;
How to move the NewAir CC-100H humidor?
Remove any items that have been kept within. All loose components within the device should be securely taped down. To prevent damage, turn the leveling feet up to the base. Close the door with tape. Make sure the humidor is kept upright when you move it.
How to remove the factory odor?
Use a gentle detergent and warm water to clean the humidor’s inside. Make sure the wood doesn’t become damp. Allow the door to air dry completely by leaving it open. Place a bowl of baking soda in the humidor or pack it with newspapers overnight if a “plastic” odor remains. Allow the unit to run for a full day to finish the airing out cycle.
Related Video: NewAir CC-100H Humidor Review
The CC-100H, an improved version of the CC-100, provides exceptional value for money in every way. It has a Spanish cedar shelf and can store up to 250 cigars. It’s not only compact and portable, but it’s also inexpensive, making it an excellent first cigar for someone who is just getting started with a cigar collection.