Choose the Best Small Cigar Humidor
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Small Cigar Humidors
8 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
If you don’t know where to store your stogies, consider choosing one of the small cigar humidors. Refer to this review if you have trouble with buying a humidor for cigars.
Reasons to use a humidor instead of a cheap cigar case:
- Only humidors are capable of controlling the climate inside the compartment where the stogies are stored. Most expensive cigars should be stored only at a certain humidity level to resemble the climate conditions where the tobacco blend in these cigars is grown;
- Humidors can provide the most optimal conditions for cigar storage – keep the humidity level inside at 74%, and the temperature is 70°F;
- You may keep the stogies sealed inside a good humidor for 2 weeks (depending on the climate conditions);
- Humidors prevent the stogies from burning too fast and have a bitter taste;
- Also, properly maintained humidors will never have mold inside unlike regular cigar cases;
Who may benefit from using small humidors instead of large humidors? First of all, compact humidors with the capacity from 15 to 20 standard cigars will do for beginners who are not yet sure in their smoking preferences. Secondly, small humidors are easier to transport, though pay attention to the seal system if you are going to use them on the road.
How to pick the best small cigar humidor? To spare you from browsing hundreds of pages on Amazon, this guide with some of the best small cigar humidors was compiled. Check the comparison table to find out the major specifications of each model. The general buying tips will help to narrow down the choice if you buy small cigar humidors for the first time.
CASE ELEGANCE Spanish Cedar Humidor – the best for the seal!
The humidor will accommodate up to 25 stogies, based on the ring gauges of the stogies. This personal humidor is an ideal option for a limited selection of Cuban cigars.
- Embedded with a tight magnetic seal
- Made of Spanish cedar wood with a nice cherry finish
- Good capacity for a small box
- Includes both humidifier and hygrometer
- A bit bulky – weighs about 2 pounds when empty
- Frequent seasoning is required because it may drop the humidity level when it is hot/cold
- Hygrometer could be more accurate
You may show this humidor to your mates and boast. Not all cigar smokers require a big humidifier, so this model could easily become a decent option for a novice.
Prestige Import Group Chateau Humidor – the best for portability!
The interior has a reversible humidifier that can be packed with purified water, and you can be confident that your cigars are stored in the correct setting.
- Has a great glass top
- A good capacity
- Easy-to-use humidifier
- Keeps the perfect level of humidity – 70%
- Beautiful design
- The thin walls of the box
- Requires frequent seasoning
- The lid is not very tight
This is a brand-new model of small cigar humidors. It’s going to keep your good cigarettes ultra-fresh. This is a perfect starting package in your life for the cigar aficionado.
Volenx Glasstop Cigar Humidor – the best for capacity!
The glass at the rim appears to be of a good standard.
- Comes with a stylish gift box
- The large capacity
- Includes an analog hygrometer
- Airtight seal
- Glass top to see the content inside
- The removable divider is quite short
- The finish can peel off in water
You may love this humidor for its great cedar aroma. The best thing about its smooth hinges – they do not squeak. You may want to pick this particular cigar humidor because the capacity is really impressive, despite the compact size.
MEGACRA Cedar Cigar Humidor – the best for quality!
It also ensures that you invest less time worried about price, and more time dreaming about the outstanding state of your cigar.
Tips for users: just use distilled water to fill in a humidifier. First, you should partially fill the bowl with distilled water. Turn the humidifier upside-down. Let the water sit for 3 minutes. After it dries, wipe off the excess liquid.
- Made of premium PU leather and dried Spanish cedar wood
- Includes magnetic hygrometer and humidifier
- Convenient to use
- Doesn’t include a removable divider
- Doesn’t have a tray
The magnetic hygrometer and rectangular humidifier help control the moisture within the humidor. High-quality metal hinges maintain a smooth action while the humidor is opened and closed. Additionally, the strong and stainless steel hinge enables you to extend the box up to 90 degrees.
GALINER Cigar Humidor Desktop Box – the best for humidity level!
Despite the compact size, it may hold up to 20 standard stogies or even 30 small cigars (check the ring gauge before buying the cigars for this humidor).
- Keeps the humidity level even
- Decent capacity
- Has a special seal system
- Has extra accessories
- Bad portability
- The gauges may not stick well
This nice desktop humidor is more spacious than it looks. And you may save up a few dollars because it already comes with standard accessories – a magnet absorption hygrometer, removable divider and humidifier.
The Buyer’s Guide
Occasional stogie smokers shouldn’t buy full-fledged cases a.k.a. humidors for storing their cigars in the most comfortable way. Instead, they ought to pay attention to more compact cases – they are great for keeping the cigs in an office desk or any other small space.
Due to numerous suggestions left by my friends, colleagues and readers, I, as the owner of the website SmokeProfy, decided to test and then review the smallest cigar humidors accessible for sale in the U.S. market. The results of my tests that involved over a few dozens of various compact cases can be found further. Also, I decided to explain my motivation that affected the overall rating.
- Box/case. A box or case may be packed up and held and transported about, making it suitable for travel and home use. You will find a lot online, and the costs are normally much cheaper than a case or crate. These prefer to shut with a brass or stainless steel hinge as opposed to a vacuum seal like a cooler and are also crafted from gorgeous woods;
- Cooler. To the real enthusiast, the coolers provide onboard gauges to change the temperature and humidity levels automatically. The size of the coolers is a little greater – they will usually hold hundreds of cigars and are ideal if you smoke stogies regularly. These are also costly and appear to come from stainless steel exteriors with wood trimming and shelving;
- Jar. Not suitable because of their restricted capacity and size – typically no more than 10 stogies. Also, they lack humidification, the container has an airtight seal and is certainly a step away from nothing. They’re safe and perfect for the outdoors, too. The container is potentially the perfect travel cigar humidor because you need to hold the cigs away from your cigar storage unit;
Humidors for cigars typically come in many sizes and capacities. You can buy a little travel humidifier that essentially houses a handful of cigarettes, a laptop component that can accommodate 50-100 stogies at once. When you’re only beginning your cigar ride, try getting smaller. When you’re serious, get a bit larger than you like.
Materials of drawers
- Metal compartments. Skip metal humidors. Although it is a sterile and easy-to-maintain material, metal doesn’t dissuade pests, so it’s a bit flimsy. It may even influence the appearance and aroma of the stogies inside;
- Wooden drawers. You certainly ought to get Spanish cedar boxes when you purchase a cigar humidor. Cedarwood has the resistance against bugs and offers the classic fragrance of fresh wood;
Temperature and humidity control
Cigars are manufactured from tobacco leaves, and even though they are cured, they require different humidity and temperature specifications. Cigars will be held between 55 and 65 degrees with a maximum humidity level up to 75%. The most significant aspect is that whatever the temperature and humidity levels are outside, they should remain constant inside. High-end humidifiers also have internal fans for air-cooling.
Most cigar humidors come with a protective cover across the frame to lock the lid securely. If you are a serious cigar smoker or live in a temperature and humidity swing region, a magnetic seal can be helpful. A seal is the most essential aspect for a humidor since a broken seal may ruin the stogies inside. Magnetics are not, however, sufficient to obtain this lock. Make sure to check the humidor during the warranty time.
Extra accessories to buy if you need a humidor
- Special humidification packs with a special gel or distilled water;
- A hygrometer is a device that measures the humidity level (sometimes it comes built inside the humidors);
- A windproof butane-based torch lighter;
- A sharp and durable punch or cutter;
- A proper ashtray with a grooved bed to rest the half-smoked stogie;
The factors that impacted on my choice of small humidors
How small is small – the main questions asked by our users. There are humidors for 5-10 or up to 50 cigars. As experts, I must say that a good humidor case must offer the storage capacity that is at least 30% of the overall size. The more important factor is how the picked model absorbs the moisture. Humidity levels must be kept at the same rate. You also don’t want any unpleasant odor so the humidors must be easy to clean as well. These are the major criteria I considered during the preparation of this particular guide.
As for the price – it depends on the brand, honestly. Cases with real wooden finishes cost more than metallic boxes. The average cost is $30.
What brands of small humidors for stogies I can recommend:
- CASE ELEGANCE is good for 25 pieces, with a separate hygrometer;
- Prestige Import Group is another relatively small case with an included humidifier;
- Volenx offers a standard size, with a nice cherry finish;
Video Tutorial: How to use a cigar humidor?
All of the above-mentioned humidors are quite compact – they will do if you smoke no more than 20 cigars per month. Also, they are durable and keep the cigars intact, preserving their nice and fresh aroma. Do not hesitate to leave your feedback after using any of these or similar small humidors for cigar storage.